Out now on Checkers Records Collective, the new LP by JCM, "The Fall of Bryan Metro".

Listen To This Now!!!!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Post Spring/Faux Feminism Update-With Update

Welly welly well, the Spring local festival season has apparently ended after a whopping one festival (HMF) and even that festival was marred by complete and utter controversy (check the archives if you're late to the party).

I remember sitting on my bed a week or so after the dust settled and I saw a vision, a vision that made me refocus.  It was just 2.5 words.  "Don't forget!"
I shook myself awake and wrote those words on a piece of paper and taped it above my bed.  Under it I taped another page listing things I couldn't forget.  Because this is what happens.  Shit goes on, people get hyped/pissed, then they forget.  I'm not really ready to forget about earlier this year.  To recap:

-The Queen Kwong debacle:  So in my prevue of Hamtram Fest I may have posted some sexy nudes of this airhead that ultimately got me kicked off the Fest along with the White Shag witch hunt.  Here are some facts:  The pics were professionally done and money exchanged hands.  The pics were never stolen/hacked; they were available on the internet with no nefarious tactics.  Here, let me show it-




Sooooooooo, everybody freaked, and I was booted from the Fest (only after she threatened to drop out....keep in mind that these pics were paid for....or don't because that's what everybody did).
Nitwit Kwong hopped back on the Fest, Seraphine Collective enabled (more on that in a min), and she ended up doing #Damage Control 101 and putting the image on a shirt for female something-or-other for charity.  This is after money had actually been exchanged for the photos in the first place.  Of course there are no records of any money going anywhere.  And after the Fest the act disappeared.  Local music royalty indeed. Kwong....YOU JUST MADE THE LIST

Next up is Seraphine Collective:  possibly the most insufferable bunch of people leeching on to....well anything they can.  These airheads went ballistic after Trump was president (full disclosure:  I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary) but the Trump mentality makes it easier for them to operate.  And here's the joke, the punchline:  They had "End rape culture" discussions for around 2 weeks and then....disappeared; even sold shirts; where'd that money go?  Yeh, they still promote some events but I guess they solved everything in those two weeks.  After the second meeting I couldn't help but laugh at their social media question for ideas for a better slogan than "end rape culture".
The only good thing that really resulted from this (because, lets be honest, nobody in the local music scene is raping anybody unless your name is Matthew Dallas or people in Hamtramck without wristbands) is the Bad Dye Job Fan Page
And like everything else, everything is forgotten.  All the local bands playing the shows, turning the cheeks....ugh, I guess its been going on forever, but that paper will always be taped above the bed.

*Update-   I most likely will be taking this post down.  Just covering same crap.  Everyone knows Queen Kwong and Seraphine Collective are borderline mentally handicapped, and I won't even get into Asia Mock (I wouldn't be the only one), so moving forward I will be going back to lists and reviews.  The month of May is National Burger Month so I will try and post reviews of local eateries (that aren't paid for unlike Metro Times).  If anybody has a favorite burger joint feel free to put it in the comments.  Hip in Detroit, I know you like the occasional burger, I'm looking at you.

From the Iceman Commeth,
Bryan Metro

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty glad those ladies managed to end rape culture so fast. And just think! All it took was a couple of weeks and a few good lectures. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW.

Me again said...

Can people still wear the t-shirts, though? The TOP RAPE CULTURE t-shirts? Or is it passé?

Anonymous said...

TL;DR

Anonymous said...

Metro's in a mood on FB

Panharith said...

Can people still wear the t-shirts, though?



ทางบ้าน

Jukebox