Out now on Checkers Records Collective, the new LP by JCM, "The Fall of Bryan Metro".

Listen To This Now!!!!

Friday, May 5, 2017

Detroit Music Awards 2017!!!

Happy Cinco De Mayo everybody.  I took time away from commenting on everybody posting the "If you believe in a wall you don't get to celebrate Cinco De Mayo" memes because what they don't realize is that implies every Mexican is an illegal immigrant. Which is not true, obviously, but in these days, life is quite crazy.

Anyway, I took time away from commenting on the laptop, to win a Detroit Music Award.  I am so grateful that after all these years people still care.  This year I took the award for "Best Local Blogger Who Exposed the Corruption of the Hamtramck Music Festival".  I want to thank everybody who voted, all my THOUSANDS of readers.  We did it.  We really did it.

I don't want to just talk about myself but I feel obligated to acknowledge some of the other winners this year.


Congrats to Eugene Strobe for this year's "Best Comb-over" winner (3 years in a row!!!)






Congrats to Lee "Majors" for this years "Best Eye for Emerging Young Talent" (17 years of wins and counting/ not a pun)




Congrats to Gabe "Hit and Run" Dobson for getting the unanimous vote for "Best Worst Dye Job" of 2017!









I can't wait to see what 2018 holds for the local music scene, but it looks like we're in good hands!


 I'd like to talk more but I have to go and hit on this chick rocking Showtime Detroit threads from 2009.  Wish me and my loins luck!!!






From the Iceman Commeth,
Bryan Metro

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Milo posted a link to Hunter S Thompson's Kentucky Derby piece? Talk about polar opposites of what journalism should be. I'm not trying to get you riled up and go on another Facebook/blog rant but.....

Bryan Metro said...

Thanks for the heads up. I just put on a Tunde song and grabbed my thesaurus for a rebuttal. In all seriousness, stop trying to rile me up. It's fucking Saturday mannnnn

Anonymous said...

TL;DR

Bryan Metro said...

Fake comments

Anonymous said...

Still TL;DR

Bryan Metro said...

TL;DR


Shit, this is actually fun!

Anonymous said...

Gabe and Strobe should open a salon.

Bryan Metro said...

I chuckled...
It would be parallel to their music acts. They would just give each other super cuts.

Panharith said...

I just put on a Tunde song and grabbed my thesaurus for a rebuttal. In all seriousness, stop trying to rile me up. It's fucking Saturday mannnnn



ทางบ้าน

Jukebox