Out now on Checkers Records Collective, the new LP by JCM, "The Fall of Bryan Metro".

Listen To This Now!!!!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Happy International Women's Day!

Happy International Women's Day!!


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
What?  Did you think that was it?  Actually a part of me wanted to just leave it at that.  But, on the other hand, part of me owes you a post today. I was going to ramble about how my mom is one of the greatest women/people in the world, but that would just bore you as much as the latest episode of Detroit Comix Party. On the other hand, I am fighting the flu BUG
and feeling lazy.  So instead I will just copy and paste a comment I made in the previous post with a few modifications and be done for the day.....Cheers!




Here's the deal and I will spin it for you quick..... No matter what anybody does or says these dark days of the year of our lord 2017 (see, some people will say leave the deity out of it and some will say "God? Awesome") some people will have something to bitch about and some people will have something to praise. Some people love the Milo Show because he takes the time and effort to showcase local talent, but others disagree with him calling himself a music journalist because its so tame and offers no objectivity; blindly liking every post by the HMF when there was dissension and corruption everywhere. Now THAT'S the lead! That's your story if you really are a "journalist" like ME (lol). But in my spoiler alert, as predicted, the HMF is in the rear view and everybody involved are like rats on a sinking ship. I was right all along, as usual. And you know what really rubs me the wrong way is that after all the pandering, and apologies, and "mission statement" after "mission statement", neither the Fest nor Ben's Encore had the motivation or energy to actually THANK the people who paid to come out, the bands who played for free (was Queen Kwong part of those??), the volunteers they solicited up until the day of the show, the venues who hosted the show? Was there any type of statement there? A statement of positivity and gratitude from the committee? Of course not because if you have been reading here the past few weeks, I have exposed how shallow and corrupt these people are.

So to everyone who comes to this blog, the last bastion of real honest journalism in this town (along with the occasional boob) I want to say thank you to you. Some people love to claim that only five people read this but my numbers show more in the thousands, and everything that happened the past month seems to support that. So which slogan will save us all? Well this month it'll be "Stop Rape Culture", the laziest slogan ever. Duhhhh rape is bad. Don't do it and don't encourage anyone to do it. (That was expressing the banality of the slogan and not making light of a serious offense for you people who want to dissect every word) Next month it'll be "Make George Morris Great Again". Now this is the real issue because it'll take a lot of minds to make that happen. Okay, that was a joke, he was never great to begin with. See, its satire!!! So the best slogan would have to be "Fuck Off (but keep reading)".


Fuck Off (but keep reading)
Bryan Metro

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cringed when I saw the title of the post thinking you would be posting more nudes, but you had a really good point about the Fest and charity disappearing after Sunday and not thanking a single person. All the other "music journalists" in town missed that one..... Even when I'm at Applebees I make sure to thank the server every time.

Anonymous said...

I cringed when I saw there were no nudes. Didn't stop me from rubbing one out. Tanks for nuttin!

Anonymous said...

He does have a good point about the Festival and Ben's Encore not even saying thanks once it was over. Maybe Metro should be thanking them for so much classic material to work with.

Anonymous said...

I want a Make George Morris Great Again shirt

Anonymous said...

Trumpy Metro. Revionist extrodinair. Maybe one day you'll get paid for your cracker jack reporting instead of stocking shelves. Thousands of people my ass.

Bryan Metro said...

I look out into the blogosphere and I see so many readers. Most readers in town. It was amazing. Truly a large amount of readers. Many of these reader message me daily. Hundreds of readers. A large amount of readers asking me to cover this and may want to look into that. Many of the leads into the corruption were provided by these readers. Large amount of leads. Most leads in the city. Maybe they had an axe to grind with a particular person on the committee, but all the facts came back vetted and accurate. Lot of facts. Thousands of facts. Large amount of facts.

Or maybe the blogger website has a tool that lets me track how many unique readers there are for each post. Doofus.

Anonymous said...

That response had me rolling!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Metro shut em down

Anonymous said...

Excellent reporting! May 2017 be the year you lose your little friend, virginity! To a real girl! (Or a least you see a real live boob) / Sorry fella circle jerking with jr to pics of local rock ladies and bloggers doesn't count. You deserve it! For your tireless efforts on breakthrough scene reports. #ABOOBIRLFORTHEJCM2017 ... spread the word!

Bryan Metro said...

You're dating yourself pal. Who uses "scene" anymore (aside from me) when we all know the local music scene is at its nadir. And it was excellent reporting. You saw what happened with the Fest and (strangely vanishing) charity. They all disappeared. If the facts I posted (many of which have yet to even be posted) were not delightfully excellent, would that have happened? You are sure to love what I have planned next. Bryan Metro vs. the Head of the Local SJW Beast. Deer meet headlights....

Anonymous said...

BM operating at peak Level 14.

Anonymous said...

Exactally how many Trumpy. Tell the truth. God's watching.

Bryan Metro said...

For example 1421

2/20/17

For the Asia Mock post that was taken down because this is why we can't have good things.
You know its real because I didn't bother to correct the spacing. That post was up for a day. 1421 unique readers (I have it set so if I refresh 100 times it counts as once). 1421....that's about 100 more than the sandwiches you made today. So yeah....bye ya.

Anonymous said...

One day. Give me the last 6 months day by day. And that's a 1000 ish. Not Thousands. Trumpy

Combover said...

Jesus anon wants a bar graph of unique views...can't pester the Kelly's crew for a breakdown of the festival finances...habba anudder Black Label.

Anonymous said...

Just the actual truth.

Anonymous said...

Has he ever lied to you?

Anonymous said...

He told me his band is great - lie
He told me he's publishing a book - lie
He told me jr is smart - lie

Need I go on?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go on.

Jukebox