Out now on Checkers Records Collective, the new LP by JCM, "The Fall of Bryan Metro".

Listen To This Now!!!!

Friday, March 3, 2017

HamFest Day 2 (170 bands drop out, G Morris remains)

Wow, what a whirlwind of a Fest we have so far.  I found out today that Sisters of Sunshine Acid and Timmy's Organism, along with a few others, dropped out of the "largest local music festival featuring a band from LA" in the nation.  Why? Well its not my position to put words in people's mouths so you figure it out.

I heard last night's kickoff was a DELIGHTFUL success from a 3am drunken e-mail from one of the committee members which concluded with "I truly hope we never cross paths again."  Makes sense.  I'm retired after this weekend.  But yes.....that phrase "this weekend"....yes, we still have this weekend to get through.  I posted my Fest tour guide days ago.  Today.....just an hour ago from 5pm, Friday March 3rd, 2017, the Festival posted their "HMF Survival Guide" (which is one of the most unintentional/hilarious titles of the past decade).  They posted the guide ONE DAY AFTER THE FEST HAS STARTED.  This tells you everything you need to know.

I took/wasted some time going through it and was jarred by how many bands featured in our (deleted) prevue were no longer on there.  JCM, White Shag, the ENTIRE venue Lo and Behold Records and bands booked there (NN shoutout/pours out Natty Ice), Sisters of the Nighttime Gas, Timmy's Organism, and a few more.

I am cracking up at the revised Painted Lady 11:15 slot featuring "HMF All Stars/Rap Battle"....Really???  Really???  So basically lets get everybody who played the kick-off show to cover for a band that pulled out due to Integrity (google it) and basically say that everybody else playing at that time is not an "All Star".  I write a bunch, but even I couldn't come up with this.  Every band playing the 11pm slot should pull out and ask to play the "All Star Jam" Saturday.  There's still time.....

I really want somebody (I've done enough) to step up and do a photo essay on the 1st HMF schedule compared to today's.....  What the hell happened?  Well let me spin it for you...

JCM was so mean, racist, sexist.....and got Queen Kwong to back out temporarily.  Nah

White Shag.....Fake Feminists Assemble!!!  Nahhhh

HMF Committee corruption......ehhhhh maybe

The Detroit Music Scene cannibalising itself like it always has done......yeah that's more like it.

And don't blame me.  I just served the appetizers.

See you tonight!
Follow the Buzzards,
Bryan Metro

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the "All Star Jam" at the Painted Lady Saturday will basically be Carjack breaking out the ET mask and waving an American/Hamtramck flag for 30 minutes....yeah, I'll pass.

Anonymous said...

Maybe George Morris can play three more sets under different names?

Bryan Metro said...

Uhhhh 3:21, I think the Fest has done enough damage as it is...

Anonymous said...

This is truly the gift (nightmare, to some) that keeps on giving. Each day I check if the swirling shitstorm that is HMF has managed to become more dramatic.

Anonymous said...

You can't retire yet Metro! You've just scratched the surface...
BTW, the t-shirts are sure to be collectables after the official cease and desist, amiright?

Anonymous said...

Dear lord....venues are dead and the official website is posting zero crowd shots.

Jukebox