MCB is providing coverage for the upcoming Lady Gaga show
via roaming detroiter Bryan Metro
When in town he plays the the hard baller lead singer of
Jesus Chainsaw Massacre
and will be guest blogging on MCB
and reviewing/documenting the show/crowd/scene
at Joe Louis Arena
“Fame, it’s not your brain,
it’s just the fame that burns your change to keep you insane…”
The voice of David Bowie on my cell phone wakes me up and I realize that I had been asleep for over a half hour now at my table at Fitzgerald’s Pub down the street from the Carlton Arms Hotel in New York City.
I check my messages: one from –jr (“You’re a waste!”), and one from the head honcho at MOTORCITYBLOG back in Michigan.
It turns out that the Lady Gaga/Semi Precious Weapons show that I have to cover in January has changed venues. The shows previously booked at the Fox Theater on January 12th and 13th have been moved to the Joe Louis Arena.
I swallow a Xanax and google Semi Precious Weapons even though I have heard them mentioned around Brooklyn, but live music generally stresses me out. Rolling Stone calls them “Adam Ant, Marc Bolan, and Ziggy Stardust singing lead on ‘Back in Black’,” while Spin.com offers that they “looked and sounded like the Sex Pistols emerging from Warhol’s Factory scene.” Okay, well that kind of gets my attention, and that’s a feat considering I ate two Klonopin’s while searching the internet.
I hop over to Ebay and purchase a black eye patch for the show because all I want to do is fit in. So, I guess, keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming expose on Semi Precious Weapons, Lady Gaga, and a photo essay on the crowd. Shows rarely feel like events anymore so I will bite the bullet and head over to Joe Louis Arena and see what this is all about. Rock and Roll.
From the Iceman Commeth,
Out now on Checkers Records Collective, the new LP by JCM, "The Fall of Bryan Metro".
- ► 2015 (52)
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (138)
- ► 2011 (322)
- ► 2010 (563)
- life is just too short
- metro and lady gaga outsourced to mcb
- i dont know
- Top 11 of 2010
- God you people are boring
- future something cover
- over and over again
- look at these fucking idiots
- Christmas Came Early
- happy holidaze
- gotta sell that pice of shit record somehow
- Top 10 Reasons I Dont Give A Shit About Avatar In ...
- -jr's quest for a free tv/monitor part 2
- santa's slay
- Detroit Sweat
- People Not to Consult
- big giveaway hint #2
- -jr's quest for a free tv/monitor pt 1
- xmas eve
- Top 10 Reasons The Detroit Music Scene Died In 201...
- Top Ten Celebrity Deaths of 2009
- Lavender Update
- Top 10 Shows I Had OCD Over In 2010
- Top Ten Amy Winehouse Photos
- hatchet face
- metro's persona and dance for the next show
- -jr's quest for a free aquarium and turlte
- the iron giant
- Top 10 Reasons I Didnt Make A Proper List Today in...
- look to the future
- MCR needs some new shit
- Top 10 JCM Fliers In 2010
- Top Ten Quotes
- Top 10 Video Games I Played in 2010
- Metro's Movies of the Decade
- mr milo
- love my way
- Metro here with a quickie (tee hee)- Top Five5. Pa...
- Top 10 Reasons I had a Good Time at Luna On Friday...
- its been so long
- Metro's Top Ten Xmas Movies
- Top 10 Reason Im Going To Luna Tonight in 2010
- david lynch takes on steve jobs
- make me laugh
- Top Music Moments in Movies
- Top 10 Albums I listened to on my Zune in 2010
- See David Lynch Rip Into George Lucas
- -jr's quest for free avon products
- middle america
- Top 10 Metro Personas of 2010
- Top Ten Movie Villians
- Top 10 Websites I visited in 2010
- Top 10 Makeout Songs
- Top Ten Things You Should.....
- -jr's quest for a free piano
- Top 10 Worst Shows I saw in 2010
- Top Ten -jr Quotables
- Top 10 Shows I Attended in 2010
- the only reason anyone ever went to chicago
- this looks pretty cool
- Top Ten 80's Action Movies
- Top 10 bands we became pals with in 2010
- Bryan's Wintery Weekend Preview
- top 1-0 bands we got in fights with and such
- Top Ten JCM Shows of 2009
- ▼ December (71)