Listen To This Now!!!!

Monday, December 7, 2009

-jr's quest for a free piano


From: Michael Patrick
To: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 12:42:35 PM
Subject: wurlitzer piano

do you still have this? is it in good condition? tuned, keys work?

i can make arrangements to pick up on saturday or sunday!

Michael C. Patrick


Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:43:11 -0800
From: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: wurlitzer piano
To: Michael Patrick


Omg. it really amazes me that when a beautiful piece of musical equipment is being GIVEN away some moron(such as yourself) wants it to be tuned for them as well. But just so that you know, YES all the keys are there, YES it is in fact in beautiful condition and Yes it would need t be tuned.
Again......, m-o-r-o-n.


From: Michael Patrick
To: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 2:52:23 PM
Subject: RE: wurlitzer piano

Thank you for the compliment. I am super excited to pick up the piano as that is the exact same one that I grew up with. I learned to play everything from children's singalongs to classical standards. Perhaps when I come to pick it up we can trade songs or even perform a duet. What kind of music do you listen to? Personally, I like more of the rock and roll variety as it translates to piano well. As for rap music, not so much. In more cases than not, it is just the same meldoy over and over and I find it a bit strenuous to rap the lyrics while playing. Anyways, I will be bringing my wife and 2 children to help me move it this Saturday. How about around 8:47AM? I have church at 9:23? Would you like me to pick you up a hashbrown from McDonalds?



Michael C. Patrick


Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:59:17 -0800
From: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: wurlitzer piano
To: Michael Patrick


Hi Michael,
Thank-you for the kind McDonalds breakfast offer, lol but when your going thru the drive-thru or possibly sitting with the kids while they are playing in the play area while you are having your breakfast( that evokes a nice picture) just save your money. Well, actually come to think of it you now have that extra McDonalds money from the money your saving from the "free" piano! So hey, why not splurge! You can go back for Friday date nite w/your wife! she will love you for that. Just know that is actually going to a family that actually is looking forward to getting it. It really is a beautiful piano, and you still are a moron who really should know better. But then maybe your parents didn't teach you better manners.


From: Michael Patrick
To: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 6:38:05 PM
Subject: RE: wurlitzer piano

Jenny,

I feel like I can address you more informally now since we are becoming good friends. You're insight into my life is remarkable. Did you always live in Michigan? I used to live in Arizona, but my family and I had to recently relocate to Michigan due to my new employ and my son's health concerns. I'm glad to see the piano is going to a family. Although, I did selfishly want it myself, you win some and lose some. On the plus side, I told my family about the piano already and they were very excited. Perhaps on Saturday we can all get together and still trade songs and improvise together? Maybe even a singalong? Do you like movies? Right now, my favorite would have to be Transformers. There's really nothing better than seeing Optimus Prime take on Megatron in the middle on NYC. Do you think one day giant car-robots will come to save humanity? I sure hope so. Maybe our own scientists will invent the technology someday. Anyways, I have a bluray copy on DVD. After we're done playing songs, we could relax in your living room, fire up some popcorn, and watch the autobots verse the decptacons. It is also my son's favorite movie! It seems to be the only thing that illicits an emotion from him nowadays. I already discussed the scheduling with my family, 8:47AM is fine and there is another church service at 1:38 so we should have plenty of time. Do you have a popcorn bowl, or do you need me to bring mine?

PS. Do you have the other family's contact information? I would also like to invite them to the singalong/movie. Hey, maybe we can start a band like the Captain & Tenile; but with alot more people, and without a MOOG synthesizer.

Michael C. Patrick


Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:26:57 -0800
From: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: wurlitzer piano
To: Michael Patrick


Hi Mike,
Wow! How do you have time for piano playing with all that quality time spent setting up new households, which is a big chore I am aware- I feel for you, watching kick-ass robot movies, going to work and oh yes your oddly timed church services. lol But ...hey whatever.
As to insight to your life? Well, my earlier e-mail to you was actually more like a reacton to your inquires regarding a pretty cool free piano. It's clear you have a pretty good sense of humor and thats good cuz life is short and lord knows we need more humor. But I have to say its not too short for a few manners. Start now teaching your 2 yr. old, my babies are 23 and 15. Regarding popcorn..I happen to love it. Movies in the living room are ok but my den is definitly the better place to watch movies. I'm not so much into the robot movies tho. The new movie w/Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep looks good.
At any rate. Glad to hear your keeping holy. Just try to restrain yourself from moronic queries of a very generous offer.






Michael C. Patrick

michaelcpatrick@Hotmail.com







 





From: Michael Patrick

To: rayjen513@yahoo.com

Subject: RE: wurlitzer piano

Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:42:23 -0600





Jenny,

 

I appreciate your concern for my manners.  Just understand my inquisitiveness, we have looked at many of these free pianos.  Upon viewing, we have found them to be severely damaged and rather unusable.  I did not want to get my son all excited again only to see him cry when we come home with nothing.  Plus, it is a bit of a hassle to load his wheelchair into the van everytime.  With that aside, I am still looking forward to Saturday, as I think he needs some human interaction, from someone other than his family, as it does him best.   Christmas is right around the corner, and now I have to come up with some another gift idea for my son.  Perusing craigslist, this is what I found for it:

Free Hot Springs Hot Tub -

Hamster/Gerbil/Mouse items -

6 computer towers 2004-2007 era different brands - 

Boxes of books art religion travel etc - 

pile of 16" x 16" of tiles good for crafts - 

6- panels of 4' tall shodow box garden fence - 

36" Solid Wood Entry Door -

 

Perhaps if I can acquire all of these I can build him a life-size replica of his favorite Transformer, Bumblebee.  It would be to scale, and I think I could construct it in my front yard without too much fanfare from my neighbors.  If you are unfamiliar, here is a picture of Bumblebee:





 

Would you like to come over and help?  We can schedule times when we meet this Saturday!  Also, do you have any capacitors, fasteners, or microchips I can use to make it a bit more realsitic?  Who knows, we could be onto something here!  We may actually build the 1st "real" transformer.  I'm very happy we can share in this momentus success together!

 



Michael C. Patrick



From: Michael Patrick
To: rayjen513@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: wurlitzer piano
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:47:05 -0600

Jenny,

I looked up your address in the white pages. We got hit pretty hard today with snow up here, so I am leaving shortly. Don't worry, if I get there too early I will just sleep in my car out in front of your house. Maybe you can leave some blankets on your front porch as the heat in my Astro runs intermittently. My son is very excited. I think this will help him overall. Any luck getting together some capacitors and microchips for next week? I have dug out and sectioned off the area where we will be constructing the Transformer. I am also bringing my cousin Benny, he has some great ideas about welding. I would consider him an amateur welder, but he said he'd like to see if you have any extra lawn furniture we could use for this project. Anyways, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. I can't wait to discuss all of this in the morning. Also, I am not bringing my wife as I think I may be falling in love with you. Please keep this between you and I. Maybe we can get some alone time while everyone is watching the movie? See you tomorrow!

Michael C. Patrick

4 comments:

Negativeions said...

you have been on reading too much www.27bslash6.com lol. By the way I sell pianos and no piano is free.

The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre said...

yeah, a ripoff, but hey it was entertaining all last week at work

-jr

Negativeions said...

I like it

Joan of Sharkz said...

Great job!

Jukebox

Blog Archive